How Much Does the RAM 1500 Weigh?
The 2020 RAM 1500 has a curb weight ranging from 4,798 pounds to 5,374 pounds unloaded and a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) that ranges from 6,800 pounds to 7,1000 pounds. Follow along as Big Star Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat Clear Lake breaks down the differences between curb weight and GVWR so you can determine which 2020 RAM 1500 weight and which configuration works for you.
RAM 1500 Weight: Curb Weight vs. GVWR
Curb weight is how much a vehicle weighs without passengers or cargo; it’s the weight of the physical vehicle itself. GVWR is a vehicle’s maximum weight that includes its curb weight, passengers, cargo, and tongue weight if the truck is towing anything. It’s important to keep in mind that tongue weight is not a vehicle’s towing capacity. Rather, the tongue weight is the amount of weight a trailer places on the hitch of your vehicle. The GVWR does not interfere with the max RAM 1500 towing capacity.
2020 RAM 1500 Weight: Trim Level Curb Weight
The 2020 RAM 1500 has a powerful build that makes it an optimal vehicle for Clear Lake looking for a pickup truck that’s sturdy and has a range of capabilities. Take a look at a breakdown of the RAM 1500 trim levels’ curb weight:
- 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 4,798 pounds and 5,227 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 4,891 pounds and 5,160 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 4,891 pounds and 5,232 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 4,971 pounds and 5,374 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn: Between 4,903 pounds and 5,232 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Limited: Between 4,903 pounds and 5,232 pounds
2020 RAM 1500 Weight: Trim Level GVWR
Whether you want a 2020 RAM 1500 for everyday purposes, or you’re looking for a pickup truck that can carry cargo and friends for weekend trips to Pearland, this vehicle can handle it all. The 2020 RAM 1500 GVWR varies depending on the trim level, cab choice, and the bed length:
- 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 6,800 pounds and 7,100 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 6,800 pounds and 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Longhorn: 6,900 pounds
- 2020 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 pounds
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
If you’re in need of a pickup truck with a large towing capacity, you need to look no further than that 2020 RAM 1500. The RAM 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds, and while it doesn’t equal the towing weight, the towing capacity does affect the GVWR. Check out the following technologies that help 2020 RAM 1500 handle such a large towing capacity:
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection
- 360 degree Surround View Camera
- Available 4×4 Off-Road Package
Experience the 2020 RAM 1500 at Big Star Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat Clear Lake Today!
Now that you know about 2020 RAM 1500 weight, contact us to schedule a test drive and experience this powerful vehicle for yourself. Or, browse our RAM 1500 inventory and find the configuration that you like best. We’re here to help Pearland drivers find the 2020 RAM 1500 that’s perfect for them!
More from Big Star Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat Clear Lake
The new Jeep Grand Cherokee is a stylish SUV that drivers from Clear Lake to Houston love. Part of the reason why this SUV is so popular is it can tow and haul with gusto. Properly equipped, the 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee can tow as much as 7,200 pounds. What’s more, you can opt for a…
The new Jeep Wrangler has been turning heads in Webster. That’s due in no small part to the rainbow of eye-poppingly unique Jeep Wrangler colors. Did you know there are ten exterior new Jeep Wrangler colors to choose from? That’s enough choices to ensure that this automobile would look great in any driveway. What colors…
The new Jeep Wrangler 4xe puts a unique spin on the Wrangler that Webster drivers know and love. This model is an enhanced hybrid iteration of the Jeep Wrangler but delivers the same rugged performance you’d expect. It comes equipped with a dual electric battery but can also run on gas if needed. The 2023…