How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? When properly equipped, this light-duty 2020 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Clear Lake-area truck buyers can learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity and other specs below!
RAM 1500 Engines & Capacities
Houston buyers will have three engines to choose from, with each offering their own unique capabilities and performance. Each engine is paired with a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® eight-speed automatic transmission. Below is a quick rundown on the engine specs:
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine: Produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine: Produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine: Produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine: Produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
Depending on the RAM 1500 trim level, payload capacity ranges from 2,100 to 2,300 pounds.
More Features for Easier Towing
When it comes to towing, the new RAM 1500 does not depend on stark engine power alone. This light-duty pickup provides incredible features in its class that help you safely and confidently tow a camper or equipment through the Clear Lake area while also providing incredible fuel specs. Here are a few examples:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Houston and Pearland roads.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate has a 60/40 split gate, offering more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
Test Drive the 2020 RAM 1500 in Webster!
Want to know more about 2020 RAM 1500 trim levels, towing capabilities, RAM 1500 weight, or to experience everything it can do firsthand? If it’s time to take your daily drives around the Houston and Pearland areas to new levels, stop by Big Star Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat Clear Lake and our sales team will help you find the pickup truck that fits your lifestyle and budget. You can get an estimate on your monthly payments using our car payment calculator. Give us a call for additional information or to set up an appointment. Curious about RAM configuration options? Closely compare the RAM 1500 Crew Cab vs. the Quad Cab with Big Star Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat Clear Lake today!
More About the 2020 1500
League City drivers looking for a pickup truck that has incredible performance, technology, safety, and style should check out the 2020 RAM 1500 trim levels. With six different options available, in addition to crew and quad cab options, you won’t have trouble finding the new RAM 1500 pickup truck that enhances your daily commute around the…
How much can a RAM 1500 tow? When properly equipped, this light-duty 2020 RAM 1500 has a max towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. Clear Lake-area truck buyers can learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity and other specs below! Learn More: 2022 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity View…
RAM truck enthusiasts are always on the lookout for the latest and greatest version of their favorite truck. The 2020 RAM 1500 will be on its way to our Clear Lake-area RAM truck dealer in only a few short months! Learn more about this celebrated pickup’s new features and advanced capability, and get the 2020 RAM…