2020 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity
How much can a 2020 RAM 2500 tow? The 2020 RAM 2500 is a powerful pickup truck designed to take on any tough task on your Webster area job site. With the proper equipment, the new RAM 1500 boasts a maximum towing capacity of 19,680 pounds! For Clear Lake drivers wanting a heavy-duty pickup for their worksite duties, read on to learn more about the RAM 2500 towing capacity and available engine options with Big Star Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat Clear Lake.
RAM 2500 Towing Capacity: Engines
How much can a RAM 2500 tow? The 2020 RAM 1500 offers two engine types that impact its towing capacity. But which engine has the power you need to get the job done? Check out the two available 2020 RAM 1500 engine options:
- 6.4L HEMI® V8 Engine: When equipped with this engine, Houston drivers can tow up to 17,540 pounds, with a 4,010-pound max payload capacity.
- 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 Engine: Want to harness the ultimate performance capabilities of the 2020 RAM 1500? The 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine delivers a maximum towing capacity of 19,680 pounds with a maximum payload capacity of 3,160 pounds.
RAM 2500 Towing Capacity: Engine Specs
- Standard: The RAM 2500 comes standard with a 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine that delivers best-in-class 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- Diesel: You can opt for the 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine if you need to two more weight. This engine delivers 370 hp and 850 lb-ft of torque.
RAM 2500 Towing Capacity: Towing Features
When you need your RAM 1500 for large towing jobs throughout Webster, these towing features will help you get the job done with ease:
- Bed Lowering Mode: Adynamic centerline display with hookup assist that drops the rear suspension to its lowest point in order for easier trailer hookup.
- 12,000-pound rated Warn® Zeon-12 Winch: This winch isattached to your RAM 2500,andyou can be confident that it won’t kink or fray despite its lightweight.
- Trailer Camera Wiring: Utilize this system that can accommodate two cameras. These cameras can be positioned strategically on or within your trailer for safer towing when traveling. The video connects directly into your Uconnect® touchscreen so you can monitor your towed cargo right from the driver’s seat.
Explore the 2020 RAM 2500 in Action at Big Star Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat Clear Lake
Now that we’ve answered the frequently asked question, ‘how much can a 2020 RAM 2500 tow?’, browse our new RAM 2500 inventory. Or, compare the RAM 2500 vs. Ford F-250, then contact us to schedule a test drive and experience this powerhouse of a pickup for yourself. We know that many Pearland enjoy the convenience of taking care of tasks at home, so check out our virtual test drive feature to take a RAM 1500 for a spin, right from home. Whether you’re looking for information on financing with poor credit or vehicle overviews, we’re here to help!
More From Big Star Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat Clear Lake
The new Jeep Wrangler 4xe puts a unique spin on the Wrangler that Webster drivers know and love. This model is an enhanced hybrid iteration of the Jeep Wrangler but delivers the same rugged performance you’d expect. It comes equipped with a dual electric battery but can also run on gas if needed. The 2023…
The 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe is a hybrid full-size SUV that promises sophistication, comfort, and venerable performance. It’s a plug-in hybrid electric Grand Cherokee available with the rugged Jeep features Pearland drivers know and love, such as the Quadra-Trac II® 4×4 System and Quadra-Drive® II. Equipped with a water-sealed battery pack, the new…
The weight capacities of your truck become extremely important when you’re counting on it to provide you with efficient capability during your work and even personal life. How much does the Dodge RAM 1500 weigh? We’ll answer this question and address the RAM 1500 weight capacity, so you know which configuration can handle all of…